Monday, July 11, 2005

Fantabulous Four


Yeh well what to expect?
X-men ish / Spiderman ish / everyotherfilmatthemoment ish

When Batman Begins is sold out, and the choice is between F4 and Bewitched, it's both an easy yet difficult-to-swallow choice.
Watching Nicole Kidman emulate her droll moronity on celluloid is tantamount to dipping my nuts in a pot of Deep Heat. Even the draw of Will Ferrel doesn't outwardly make up for any perceived shortcomings, so it's of to Festacular Four we go!

Isn't it funny how screenwriters of today attempt to inject 'contemporary themes/humour' into dried out characters in order to socially resuscitate them. Do these individuals truly think we're all freakin' morons?
meh
I guess after all is said and done, I'd be an admitted moron myself if I honestly expected anything more than a fantasmical journey into excuses for CGI FX and trite attempts at fashionable witticisms.

Oh and of course a happy ending.

But honestly - Julian McMahon as a metal maniac? Puuuurlease! I was embarrassed for him, let alone cowering in my seat at his line-reading. I'd have hidden behind a mask too..

Sadly, not Charmed at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home