Saturday, July 14, 2007

Number Two's

I think I've mentioned it before here somewhere; I need to stop going shopping on my own.
Not because I don't enjoy the fine company of myself, but because perhaps whoever is with me can drag me out of the damn stores.

And so, I arrive home once again with a bundle of gaming goodness under my arm, and a Fast Slimmed wallet to match.

It's this blooming Nintendo kick that I'm on.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my taste of Wii so far, and have managed to download a number of Virtual Console titles that have delightfully tickled my sense of good old-fashion fun over the past week as a result:

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
and the incredible Paper Mario RPG (N64) that just got released yesterday for download..

All of which have been worthy of the admission price alone.
Plus I'm still ploughing through my library of GameCube titles that have all received a new lease of life as a result of the Wii's arrival.

But oddly, I have only had one actual native Wii title (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) to play so far - having said that, as the review over at Gametrailers.com put it: "..it may well be the greatest videogame ever created", so I'm hardly complaining.
But great things come in pairs, and so today I picked up another Wii-specific title that has got reviewers the world over dribbling with excitement: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Can't wait to turn off the lights and crank this one up.

However, as my passion for all things Nintendo builds to a crescendo, I naturally couldn't let the Wii be the only recent console from them that I own. So in order to bring the number of items in that category to a nice round '2', I caved and purchased a Nintendo DS Lite today. I managed to find a black one (which is incredibly shiny!) along with a couple of classic Nintendo portable gaming titles to keep me more than occupied on the train in the mornings:
Next on the 'must have' list will be:

I also popped by EB Games and saw they had the excellent Avatar: The Legend of Aang on super-special for the PSP. (Factoid: This game was developed by THQ Studio Australia)
The only 'singular' aspect of my day ;p

As my newest little travel companion charges up in the other room, I should also add to the day of 'twos' by mentioning I finally got around to picking up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Reign of Fire DVD's from JB's today, as they both were down to the $12.00 mark
Having watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban just yesterday, I figured I might as well bring my Potter DVD collection up to (you guessed it) 2.

I've not heard much about Reign of Fire, but in a few moments I guess I'll know whether or not it is in fact a pile of.. well.. number two's.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:43 pm, July 21, 2007, Blogger Zarres said...

Recently purchased Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (fantastic game!) and Animal Crossing Wild World (biggest selling game in Japan at the moment). Horribly addictive. Highly recommend.

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home